Tuesday, January 31, 2017

"DIGITAL LIFESTYLES"

Strolling through my local chain book store last Sunday I came across this “Digital Lifestyles” section.  First, let me say that this is stroke of marketing genius.  I would have never thought of this in a million years, but someone did and now people can justify their laziness as a lifestyle.  Hours and hours spent staring at a screen and clicking buttons is a lifestyle choice now people, get with the program.
 
Honestly, I wish I was a gamer on some level.  It seems like such an escape to be so captivated by a video game.  You go and buy a new game and there goes your weekend.  It must be great to not be distracted by anything else.  I do own a PS3 which I play a few times a year – mainly some Madden when football season kicks off and I get the football fever.  But I can’t do it year around for hours on end.  I use my PS3 to watch movies and You Tube most of the time. 

I once worked with a guy who told me, in the course of getting to know one another, he always took a week off in November without exception.  I asked was it an anniversary thing for him and his wife, to which he answered, “No way! That’s when the new Call of Duty comes out!”  He would wait at Game Stop until midnight to get the new Call of Duty and then take an entire week off from work to play it.  He had truly embraced the “Digital Lifestyle”.



“By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising . . . kill yourself.” – Bill Hicks

Chris 

No comments:

Post a Comment